Endless Possibilities for Students like you
Our Internship Programme will provide you with paid, interesting, full time work and career development while you study – so you can launch your career with Auckland Council!
We offer a three month summer Internship Programme from November to February each year to students in the penultimate year of their degree in an aligned discipline.
Throughout your internship you’ll have development discussions with your manager, set achievement goals and highlight your strengths and improvement areas.
Enjoy real work experience at Auckland Council
An internship with Auckland Council will give you a taste of where your career could go and at the same time, you’ll be developing your skill set through real work experience and mentoring.
We value our Interns
At Auckland Council, we believe that taking care of Auckland starts and ends with taking care of our people.
- A safe and supportive learning environment
- Professional and personal development
- Networking opportunities and mentorship
- Involvement in complex, large scale projects and unique developments
- A strong work/life balance allowing you to pursue additional study or interests
- A fair reward for your effort – Intern positions are fully paid
- Automatic consideration for relevant Graduate Programmes
Am I eligible and when can I apply?
To be eligible for the Internship Programme you need to be in your penultimate year of study towards a relevant Bachelor’s degree.
Applications for the 2019 internship programme open in early 2019.