Endless Possibilities for Graduates like you
As an Auckland Council Graduate, you’ll be amazed at the possibilities on offer for your future – you’ll even be offered a permanent position with us from day one!
Our two year Graduate Programme will provide you with accelerated learning and development, and rotations through your chosen area of work – ensuring you have hands on experience, exposure to senior leaders and the chance to work on large scale projects and unique developments.
Throughout the rotations you’ll have performance and development discussions with your manager, set achievement goals and highlight your strengths and improvement areas to fast track your development.
You will have a personal support team that includes a graduate cohort network, a business mentor and the Early Career Pathways team.
All these support people are on board to ensure you succeed and will help you every step of the way.
We value our Graduates
At Auckland Council, we believe that taking care of Auckland starts and ends with taking care of our people.
- A safe and supportive learning environment
- Long term professional and personal development
- Networking opportunities and mentorship
- Involvement in complex, large scale projects and unique developments
- A strong work/life balance allowing you to pursue additional study or interests
- A fair reward for your effort – all Graduate positions are fully paid
Am I eligible and when can I apply?
To be eligible for the Graduate Programme you need to be in your final year of a Bachelor’s degree or have graduated in the previous two years with a relevant Bachelor’s degree.
Applications for the 2020 Graduate Programme open in early 2019.